* Beta by mid-2021 * Improve COMMUNICATION & Increase INFLUENCE
Excerpt from the intro:
Arrrrrrr ... and welcome ye to the program!
My name is Tim Wade and the good news is that I won't be speaking in Pirate the entire time. But I will be leading you through this module in a number of ways. I'm sometimes a pirate. Or a superhero.
If most of your attempts to influence people don't involve you boarding their ships, brandishing swords and tying people up, then it might be useful to increase your awareness of a number of other strategies - some which I think you already unconsciously use but you could consciously use more often - to further improve your communication and increase your influence. So in this series, we're going to focus on some tips to do just that. And while I sometimes talk about salespeople and sales situations, it doesn't mean that these skills only apply to salespeople. Just like how I sometimes talk in Pirate doesn't mean that the particular skill I'm talking about only applies to me hearties on board, but also to ye landlubbers as well! Ahem... excuse me. So whatever job you're in, improving your ability to communicate with others and influence them to take the action you intend is important to accelerate your success.
We'll progress together through this program to do just that. I've structured this for you to be completed each week. But if you are super-keen, you might get it done a little faster as each module will be released 5 days after the previous one. The pacing is designed for you to immerse in each module so you are actively doing something each day to grow even more. Just getting all the knowledge quickly and not doing anything with it won't get you the result you want. I've done that before too, and it doesn't work as effectively. Let's begin.
Okay so here's what you'll see for each module:
1. There will be a short video. In it I introduce a key concept from a newsdesk, then you watch a skit of the concept in practice (usually in a very weird or humorous way - but you'll see), and then there will be a super brief executive summary in the video.
2. Then you'll be taken to a section in which I deconstruct the video. I'll talk you through the key elements of the skit like a director talking about a movie. I'll share the key things to look out for and you might end up wanting to watch the skit again. It's an audio file that you can listen to, and I've included the transcript of what I say so you can follow as well.
So whether you prefer watching, reading or listening, I've got you covered. And the doing part comes next.
3. Then it's time for you to put some ideas into action. For this, I've created Your One Week Worksheet with activities for you to do or things to think about for the next 5 days. You can print this out if you want and create a journal for the program if you wish. I've left space on each page for you to document what you're doing, the insights you've come up with, and how you felt or thought about doing a particular activity. Again, this is the part where you turn a concept into practice and where you increase your skills and results.
4. Finally, there's an optional opportunity for you to connect with a community, discuss questions and connect with me, my team or others who have been through or are going through the program too. This is a great way to be encouraged by what others are doing and thinking and to encourage others with your own ideas and experiences too. I'd like to encourage you to at least document that you watched, listened, read and did the exercises, or share some quick thoughts. This has been shown to increase learning and keep the program top of mind because I also want to ensure that you get the most out of this program by completing all of it.
One more thing: from time to time we might add new bits and improvements to this course based on the feedback we receive, so please let us know if there are areas you'd like to develop or content you'd like us to explore in a bit more depth.
Time for you to develop even more skills, abilities, superpowers and awesomenesses! So... let's really get started!
Oh, and thanks again for joining us. You're already awesome by the way. :)
aka The Dread Pirate Nobeard
Global conference speaker and professional trainer engaged by leading businesses, government agencies and organisations seeking to motivate positive change through their superhero people. Read more about Tim here: -- about your instructor --
For help email: email@example.com
Intro: How To Improve COMMUNICATION and Increase INFLUENCE
How to further improve your communication and increase your influence for even greater business results!
About the program and pirates